We hope you’re getting excited for My Furry Valentine 2017! This year’s event is right around the corner, so here are a few things to make your experience the best it can be.
- We are bigger and better than ever! This year, we are taking over the Sharonville Convention Center, and we will have over 35 participating rescues and shelters with over 800 animals available for adoption.
- Be sure to visit the dog room, the cat and small animals room, and the vendor room. Take your time! You are making a commitment for the lifetime of your new pet, so you want to be sure it is a good fit.
- Adoption policies and fees will vary by rescue/shelter, but most cat fees will be $10 and some dog fees will start at $40.
COST OF EVENT
- General Admission is $5 per person, or free for kids 5 and under. Event parking is free.
- Can’t wait to adopt? Purchase an Early Bird ticket! Early Bird tickets give you early access to the event from 10am to 12pm on Saturday, allowing you to be among the first to meet our adoptable animals. A limited amount of Early Bird tickets are available for $25 for one person, $40 for a pair, and children 17 and under are free when accompanying an adult.
ADOPTION APPLICATIONS/MEET & GREETS
- Please leave your pets at home. There will be a lot of activity going on at the event, and this can be stressful for any animal. In addition, we have no way of verifying that outside animals are vaccinated and healthy.For the safety of your pet, other guests, and the animals up for adoption, you will not be permitted to bring outside animals into My Furry Valentine.
- If you would like to set up a meet and greet with your potential new family member, please contact the rescue or shelter directly.
- Each participating rescues and shelter will have an adoption application form you’ll need to complete at their booth. Some will require home visits before you can bring your furever friend home. You’ll get this information in the MFV program when you arrive, or click here for a preview!
- Not ready to adopt? There’s still plenty to do! We’ll have an activity area for kids, a photobooth, amazing raffles, shopping, food, and more. There’s something for everyone! Remember, My Furry Valentine is a non-profit organization, so all money raised goes towards helping our adoptable animals find their forever homes.
- To directly help rescues and shelters during the My Furry Valentine weekend, bring donation items such as pet food, blankets, towels and bleach that will be distributed to the groups at the end of the event. As a bonus, you will receive a free raffle ticket for your donations!
- Looking to get involved? At My Furry Valentine 2017, you can speak to the various rescues, shelters, and advocacy groups about ways to volunteer.
- You can also sign up to volunteer for My Furry Valentine Day event for next year!
We can’t wait to share this exciting weekend with you. My Furry Valentine has an energy all its own, with adults and children alike finding their new family members. There are smiles all around, whether you are looking to adopt or simply coming to see what the event is all about. For that reason and so many others, we are counting down the days to Valentine’s weekend, and we hope you are, too. Only one week to go!
Be sure to save the date on Facebook! Or, add one of these photos to your own Facebook profile photo to let your friends know you’re coming and help us spread the word.
How to Download MFV Facebook Profile Images
- Place your cursor on top of your favorite square image.
- Right click on top of the image.
- Select “Save As”, and save the file onto your desktop.