Who May Apply
Only Municipal Shelters and Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Charitable Animal Rescue Organizations (a “Charitable Organization”) may participate.
Charitable Organizations – please have the following documents on hand to complete your application:
- IRS tax-exempt determination letter
- Proof of Liability Insurance (Declarations page of your insurance policy) – If you do not have proof of insurance, you will need to purchase event coverage from MFV at a rate of $200 in the registration form.
Main Event – you want to bring adoptable animals to the Main Event at the Sharonville Convention Center!
Satellite Event – whether or not you are bringing animals to the Main Event, if you have a shelter that is open the same weekend or you will be holding adoption events at other locations, please register those locations as a MFV Satellite Event to benefit from MFV advertising and to showcase your adoptable animals on our website Gallery!
Main Event Booth Registrations
The focus of My Furry Valentine is adoption of homeless animals, so only adoptable animals are permitted at the event. Priority in application approval will be given to groups conducting same-day adoptions, prior year participants who complied with MFV rules and requests (including promptly reporting accurate adoption numbers and promoting the MFV event), those registering to attend both days, and those bringing more than 5 animals. Rescue groups who want to attend but do not want to bring adoptable animals may register as a Vendor and purchase a booth in the Vendor Ballroom at a discounted price.
The following application types are available:
- 5 or Fewer Adoptable Animals. You may purchase a 10’ x 10’ booth for $150.
- 6 – 19 Adoptable Animals. You will be given one complimentary 10’ x 10’ booth.
- 20 or more Adoptable Animals. If you conduct same-day adoptions AND bring 20 or more adoptable animals on a single day, you will be given two complimentary booths, for a total booth space of 10’ x 20’.
Health and Vaccine Requirements
To protect the people and animals attending as much as possible, you must adhere to the following requirements for all animals attending the Main Event. Health records must be provided for the animals attending the Main Event during check-in, before entrance to the event will be permitted.
- All animals must be free from infectious disease and from any condition that poses a risk to the people or other animals at the event (i.e. dog aggressive dogs). If you knowingly bring sick animals to the event and thereby risk infecting other adoptable animals, you will be asked to leave and will not be invited back in future years.
- All animals must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs over 6 months of age must have current Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella vaccines given prior to February 1, 2020 and a current Rabies vaccine.
- Cats over 6 months of age must have current FVRCP vaccines given prior to February 1, 2020 and a current Rabies vaccine.
- Puppies 6 months or younger must have Two Distemper/Parvo vaccines, the 2nd booster given prior to February 1, 2020 and within 2-4 weeks of the 1st vaccine. A third booster is highly recommended, but not required.
- Kittens 6 months or younger must have Two FVRCP vaccines, the 2nd booster given prior to February 1, 2020 and within 2-4 weeks of the 1st vaccine. A third booster is highly recommended, but not required.
Applications to participate at the Main Event will be accepted beginning October 31, 2021. We will send out an invitation email to all groups who have previously participated with a link to the registration form and will post a link to the registration form here.
Click here to Register a Satellite Event